Approved and regulated by the Colorado State Board of Higher Education Division of Private Occupational Schools
Diplomas Certifications Trainings
Tuition Class Enrollment Contract & Refund Policies
School of Natural Medicine Boulder, Colorado USA
Colorado State Board of Higher Education Division of Private Occupational Schools Enrollment Contract protects students.
School of Natural Medicine International honors & abides by Colorado State Board of Higher Education DPOS Rules & Regulations.
PROFESSIONAL ENROLLMENT CONTRACT – TUITION PROGRAMS & COURSES
School of Natural Medicine International, 1307 Riverside Avenue, Boulder, Colorado 80304
(720) 746 9961 www.purehealth.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Approved & Regulated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education Division of Private Occupational Schools
Student’s Name___________________________________________________________Date __________________
Social Security Number ______ –______ – ______ Home Ph__________________________________________
Bus. Ph________________________________ Cell Ph ____________________________________
Tuition Class Module Start Date ________________________________________Total Days: ______ Hours: _____
Type of Instruction: Classroom……………….. Deposit per Module $150.00……………………… Lab Fee ______________
Enrollment and commitment for each module is made with a $150 non-refundable deposit per module. Balance of tuition for each module is paid on the first day of each class module unless personal arrangements are made well in advance of the class and approved by the Director and student. Total Cost of Each Training Module is $800 tuition plus any Lab Fees for a particular class advised in the School Calendar. Program enrollments require deposits per Module and balance of payment per Module for each study session they are enrolling in. All refunds based on Private Occupational Rules & Regulations.
The school advises all students that Certification Programs are recommended to have a completion date for graduation in one calendar year, and Diploma Programs a completion date of two years, however students make take longer when required by their circumstances & this choice may increase fees, tuition. Extended study is approved by application to the Director.
Books/Supplies/Equipment, Online Courses, DVD’s, Self-Healing Module, consultation, supplies, and any Study Materials or Lab Fees, purchased before, during or after enrollment are not refundable. Separate Self Healing Consultation, Self Healing Module and SH materials fees are not refundable. DPOS refund policy is for Tuition only refunds.
Student agrees to abide by Refund Policies for Tuition & all other fees, costs, investment. ………………………..Student Initial
Program or Stand Alone Module costs are revised yearly or by agreement with full disclosure to students.
These understandings and agreements are confirmed with my name and initial below:
STUDENT NAME: _______________________________________________________ initialed by student__________
There is no Schedule of Payments. A student pays the balance of Tuition on the first day of any class module except by personal approval, or enrollment in a Tuition Diploma Program. There are no interest charges for the payment pay-as-you-go payment plan.
By signing below, the student agrees to pay School of Natural Medicine International (SNMI) the total stated Tuition & any other study, self healing, online courses, consultation fees, equipment in a pay-as-you-go format, as agreed to in the contract and enrollment forms, paying a Tuition deposit with payment of balance at each class attendance date.
SNMI agrees to provide the occupational training in accordance with the provisions of the school website Online and printed Application Form forms, contract, school calendar & catalog on the date of enrollment. Payment of monies due at each class attendance shall be a condition of continuing enrollment. Upon satisfactory completion of all attendance, academic and skill requirements and when all financial obligations to the school have been met, the school awards the Diplomas and/or Certificates to the student. The student and school understand that this
Enrollment Agreement, WHICH INCLUDES THE TUITION REFUND POLICY, may not be amended except in writing and signed by both parties. Postponement of starting date, whether at the request of the school or the student, requires a written agreement signed by the student and the school Director. If the student does not write, no postponement is agreed. The agreement must set forth:
- Whether postponement is for the convenience of school or student,
- Deadline new start-date, beyond which start date cannot be postponed.
If the postponed class is not commenced, or the student fails to attend by the new start date set forth in the agreement, the student will be entitled to an appropriate refund of any prepaid Tuition (except for Deposit or Lab Fee as stated further in this document) within 30 days of the deadline of the new start date set forth in the agreement, determined in accordance with the school’s refund policy and all applicable laws and rules concerning the Private Occupational Education Act of 1981.
TUITION ONLY REFUND POLICY: Students not accepted to SNMI are entitled to a refund of all moneys paid for advance tuition and deposit. Students who cancel this contract by notifying the school within three (3) business days after initial enrollment (unless they have already attended the class) are entitled to a full refund of all Tuition and deposit paid.
Students who withdraw after three (3) business days, but before commencement of classes, are entitled to a full refund of all Tuition paid except the maximum cancellation charge of $150 or 25% of the contract price which ever is less. If a student withdraws after commencement of classes, SNMI retains a cancellation charge of $150 plus a percentage of tuition, based on the percentage of contact hours, as described in the table below. Tuition Refund is based on last date of recorded attendance, whether full or partial attendance on that day.
TUITION ONLY REFUND TABLE – Refund Student is entitled to upon withdrawal/termination
Within first 10% of program 90% less cancellation charge of $150.
After 10% attendance but within first 25% of program 75% less cancellation charge
After 25% attendance but within first 50% of program 50% less cancellation charge
After 50% attendance but within first 75% of program 25% less cancellation charge
After 75% attendance no Refund.
- The student may cancel this contract at any time prior to midnight of the third business day after signing this contract at initial enrollment meeting. Deposits and Lab Fees are non-refundable, as are Online Course fees when study materials have been received.
- All refunds will be made within 30 days from the date of termination. The official date of termination or withdrawal of a student shall be determined in the following manner:
- Date on which the school receives notice of the student’s intention to discontinue the training programDate on which the student violates published school conduct policy, which provides for termination
- If a student fail to return from an excused leave of absence, the effective date of termination is the earlier date the school determines the student is not returning or the day following the expected return date.
- The student will receive a full refund of Tuition only if the school discontinues a class/course/program within a period of time a student could have reasonably completed it, except that this provision shall not apply in the event the school ceases operation. After each class segment is completed, this does not apply.
- COMPLAINTS, which cannot be resolved by direct negotiation between the student and SNMI may be filed with the Division of Private Occupational Schools of the Colorado Department of Higher Education, 1560 Broadway, Suite 1600, Denver CO 80202 <http://www.highered.colorado.gov/dpos > 303 866-2723. There is a two-year limitation on the Division taking action on student complaints. 12-59-118. Complaints of deceptive trade or sales practices. Any student claiming loss as a result of a deceptive trade or sales practice, shall first exhaust all complaint and appeals processes available at the school. If the student’s complaint is not resolved to their satisfaction, they may file with the board a written complaint against the school or agent.
- Previous training attendance, payment or credit does not impact present Refund Policy.
- Student has read and agrees to abide by the Conduct Policy and Private Occupational School Rules & Regulations.
I HAVE RECEIVED A COPY OF THIS ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT AND HAVE EXAMINED AND PRINTED CURRENT ONLINE SNM SCHOOL CATALOGS & APPLICATION FORMS. I AM FULLY AWARE OF RULES & REGULATIONS, REFUND POLICIES AND MY RIGHTS AND SIGN THIS DOCUMENT WITH FULL AGREEMENT. FURTHER ATTENDANCE AT CLASSES ARE CONSIDERED AS A PART OF THIS AGREEMENT. I WILL SIGN THE CLASS REGISTER AT EACH FUTURE CLASS AS PER AGREEMENT WITH DPOS COLORADO.
Student Signature ____________________________________ Date…………………………………..
School’s Licensed Agent ___________________________________________ Date……………………………………
Student Signature Date…………………………………..
School’s Licensed Agent Date……………………………………
SCHOOL OF NATURAL MEDICINE CONDUCT POLICY
The School of Natural Medicine’s approach is based on kindness, inclusiveness and personal connection. Positive interaction between the students, the school tutors and other students/graduates is of benefit to everyone and is a requirement. If a student has a concern regarding studies, classes, other students, or the teaching staff, they must direct those concerns to Farida Sharan directly, so that issues can be resolved peacefully and without having and unsettling affect on the group dynamic. Behavior that negatively impacts the group will be cause for a personal review and possible termination from the school. All communication regardless suggestions, complaints or cancellation of classes must be done by telephone or in person at the school. An initial contact can be made by email, but further communication regarding agreements and resolutions will be done in person.
The School of Natural Medicine is founded on quality personal evolutionary Self Healing training achievements of high levels of Social Intelligence. When each student enrolls, they agree to the following standards of conduct so that classes are conducted in respectful, safe, harmonious and supportive groups, with each participant contributing their full attention and agreement to responsible co-creation:
1. Deposits are made in a respectful timely manner for all classes with full commitment that shows respect and consideration for the teachers, the students and the school. If a student is unsure about attending, do notenroll until you are sure. Enrollment is commitment and deposits are not refundable. With emergencies, and respectful personal communication, the Director may choose to transfer deposits to a future class.
2. Cancellation of classes must be made in person, by telephone, no later than one week before classes begin, and only in emergency situations. Cancellations on the day or later than the week are not acceptable, and may be cause for suspension or dismissal. If the school cannot count on a student’s commitment, there can be no respectful relationship. A professional does not wake up one day and decide not to see their clients or teach a class because of a personal reason. Commitment is an essential to professional training and students agree to respect this at all times. Just as students need to trust teachers, the teachers need to trust the students.
3. All suggestions, complaints, difficulties, request, reactions and challenges must be in person, by telephone or visit with the Director or teacher. Other students come to classes to learn and experience their self healing process, not to process other students. Each student is responsible for mature, respectful conduct and communication based on the Social Intelligence model. If the school telephone hours 9am – 12 noon weekdays present a problem, arrangements can be made by email for the student to phone at another time.
4. All communications, attendances, payments and completed work is considered training for professional levels of behavior, respect and skill. It is through the courageous giving and receiving of honesty and respect that creates the supportive quality of our healing field and the loving care that flows through the classes.
5. Class starts at 3 pm Friday and 1 pm Saturday and Sunday, with some adjusted timings for Herbal Medicine, and all students are expected to arrive just prior to start time to complete enrollment and payments. Just as you would wish your students and clients in the future to respectfully plan ahead and arrive on time, the school conduct requires that each student arrive on time, in training for their professional life.
6. The School of Natural Medicine’s approach is based on kindness, inclusiveness and personal connection. Positive interaction between the students, the school tutors and other students/graduates is of benefit to everyone and is a requirement that each student consider this in all personal conversations. This is training for your future relationships with clients and students. The question to always ask is: Is this what I would want a client or student to act when I am a teacher or practitioner?
7. If a student has a concern regarding studies, classes, other students, or the teaching staff, they must direct those concerns directly to Farida Sharan or other teachers, so that issues can be resolved respectfully with kindness, attention and discussion without having an unsettling affect on the group. Complaining to other students causes negative energy to build in a group that affects other students who do not wish to participate in complaining and the teachers who are focused on presenting and will not be tolerated. Disturbing group harmony is cause for suspension or dismissal, pending review. An initial contact can be made by email, but it will not be answered in email, only with a personal conversation or visit.
8. The school is vegetarian and all food brought into the school for snacks, and lunches must NOT include any meat fish or eggs or anything that contains them.
9. Absolutely no mind-altering substances, whether alcohol, marijuana, or other drugs may be brought into the school, or imbibed before or after class, with full respect for the law. Any student in this school needs to be alert, mindful and completely present to make full use of all that is offered. Disrespect of this regulation is terms for suspension or dismissal.