Approved and regulated by the Colorado State Board of Higher Education Division of Private Occupational Schools
School of Natural Medicine USA
Master Herbalist Diploma Training – Boulder, Colorado
Graduating Authentic, Highly Skilled Practitioners Since 1977 – Quality Training Recognized Worldwide
Transform what you love into the life you love to live!
Master Herbalist Diploma Training offers multi-dimensional exploration of History and Chemistry of Herbal Medicine, botany, sacred geometry of plants, signatures of plants, plant consciousness, plant identification, wildcrafting, organic growing, supplements, making herbal products, product labeling, creating formulas, herbal naturopathy treatments, pharmacy, dispensary, plant sources, storage, ordering and business skills and more. Hands-on training is based on Self-Healing embodiment of the teachings.
Master Herbalist Diploma Graduates create their own Herbal businesses, thrive in private practice, work for ethical natural product companies, spas, health food stores and clinics, and host Herbal product booths at festivals and fairs.
Master Herbalist Diploma Graduates combine the depth of Herbal Medicine with inspired education and Naturopathy Treatments to guide seekers of health and healing toward their wellness goals.
Master Herbalist Diploma Master teachers include:
Heidi Jarvis ND MH, SNM 2000 Graduate, owner of Natur LLC & Earth Pharmaceuticals created her own practice, herb gardens and product company. Heidi is also the Manager of School of Natural Medicine Herbs of Grace Herbal Pharmacy/Dispensary
Marco Lam, Doctor of Oriental Medicine shares his work with permaculture, herbal product creation, essential oils, wildcrafting and more
Brigitte Mars, AHG, renowned author and teacher offers depth information in inspiring, dynamic classes on Herbal history, raw wild foods & herbs, philosophy and wildcrafting
Farida Sharan ND MH shares 40 years clinical experience in a system of Natural Medicine. Individual herbal nutrient formulas transform the inner ecology of clients and students supported by Healing Diets, Naturopathy, Essential Oils, Flower Essences and Iridology.
. . . effective, creative Herbal Medicine for Independently Healthy wisdom skills
What is Herbal Medicine?
Herbal Medicine is the study of the medicinal qualities of plants, and their practical applications to heal the symptoms and cause of disease. All ancient and indigenous cultures maintained a close connection with medicinal herbs. Ayurveda, more than 5000 years old, is the oldest system of Herbal Medicine.
Most medicines offered by medical doctors are based on the medicinal properties of plants, including anti-inflammatory drugs, fever reducers and pain killers. Penicillin, used to heal bacterial infections, was discovered by herbalists long before Alexander Fleming took credit for antibiotics.
As corporate drug companies focus on chemical properties of ‘recognized’ active ingredients of plants, their synthesizing drugs extract a heavy price on personal health and the health of the planet. Plants are chemically complex and scientists cannot reproduce their holistic actions.
increasing numbers are returning to safer plant medicines for supporting health, wellness and healing.
Master Herbalist Diploma Modules
Master Herbalist Diploma includes:
- Herbal Medicine Online Course – 12 Lessons
- Self Healing Module – 3 month program: consultation, mentoring, Herbal nutrient formulas, Flower Essences, Healing Diets, Naturopathy treatments
- Herbal Medicine Levels I, II & III A & B – School Calendar for SNM USA classes in Boulder, Colorado
- Healing Diets I & II
- Essential Oils I & II
- Flower Essences I & II
- Naturopathy I & II
- Iridology I & II
- Clinical Training
Herbal Medicine Online Course includes:
- Personal mentoring with Farida Sharan ND or Bonny Casel Melendy ND
- ‘Herbs of Grace’ – Farida Sharan
- ‘Creative Menopause’ – Farida Sharan
- ‘The Old Man & His Soul’– Farida Sharan
- ‘Iridology – A Complete Guide’– Farida Sharan
- 5 DVD’s Elements of Life with Farida Sharan ND
Master Herbalist Diploma Graduates receive the Master Herbalist Diploma
Herbal Medicine Online Course Topics
Master Herbalist Diploma Online Course Lessons include:
- History and Philosophy of Herbal Medicine
- Herbal Medicine in ancient & traditional societies
- Chemistry of Herbal Medicine
- Climate, soil, active principles
- Collecting, harvesting, storage of herbs
- Extraction methods of herbs
- Food as Medicine
- Food as Poison
- Food addictions
- Affects of diet, coffee, alcohol, drugs, addictions on health
- Creating Herbal Nutrient formulas
- Prescription symbols
- Herbal Pharmacy terminology
- Materia Medica – approximately 100 Herbs defined in Categories: action, active ingredients, activity, applications, aromatherapy, astrology, Ayurveda, cautions, contraindications, chakras, elements, emotions, Chinese medicine, combinations, cultivation, dosage, energetics, flower essences, formulas, habitat, history, homeopathy, meridians, organs, names, nutrients, part used, personality, plant description, research, spiritual properties, substitutions, systems, taste, tissues, wildcrafting, and preparation.
- Body Systems & Herbal Medicine
- Anatomy & Physiology is taught by body system and integrated throughout the course
- Holistic perceptions
- Vitamins & Minerals for body organs, systems and glands
- Naming & identifying plants
- Collecting & preparing herbarium specimens
- Plant classification appendix
- Pharmacy & Dispensary
- Setting up an Herbal Pharmacy
- Methods of herbal applications
- First Aid Treatments
- Acute conditions & symptoms
- Chronic conditions & symptoms
- Pill making
- Smoking – alternative Herbal blends
- Iatrogenic drug induced disease
- Herbs &Healing
The Herbal Medicine Course includes:
- ‘Herbs of Grace’ by Farida Sharan
- ‘Creative Menopause’ by Farida Sharan
- ‘The Old Man and His Soul’ by Farida Sharan
- ‘Iridology’ by Farida Sharan
- 5 DVD’s ‘Elements of Life’ with Farida Sharan
Master Herbalist Diploma Herbal Medicine Course Class Topics
Master Herbalist Diploma Classes focus on hands-on training in the School of Natural Medicine Herbs of Grace Herbal Pharmacy/Dispensary. Subjects include wildcrafting, supplement and body system study, treatments, plant recognition and vibrational medicine. Students experience the varied ways plants are used for healing: tinctures, salves, poultices, treatments, foot baths, herbal formula creation, healing diets, flower essences and essential oils. Product creation, clinical practice, consultation skills, business skills, healing programs, Pharmacy and Dispensary skills and more build confidence to assist students to achieve success.
Course Fees and Options
Master Herbalist Diploma Modules are reserved with $150 deposit. Tuition balance and Lab Fee are paid at registration on the first day of class.
Students begin with Online Courses, Class Modules, or both at the same time. Students progress at their own pace, as time and finances allow. Students may enroll and begin any Online Course or Courses at any
Master Herbalist Diploma Online Course – click on SNM USA on Contact US page
Master Herbalist Diploma School Calendar – Click on current School Calendar for full details of dates, tuition, lab fee and hours.
Master Herbalist Diploma Self Healing Module – $1150 + mailing
Master Herbalist Diploma Tuition – $800 + appropriate Lab Fee for each Class Level of 20 hours
How Do I Enroll?
Master Herbalist Diploma Enrollment Exploration
Browse this website, the School News Blog, complete the Contact Form, email from the Contact Page and we will email application forms and up-to-date information.
The next step is to telephone 720-746-9961 weekday mornings to talk in person and/or set a time to visit the school.
All enrollment is through personal conversation, questions and answers, and a living connection.
Students create a unique study plan that suits their circumstances, select Class Modules and/or Online Courses with School of Natural Medicine USA, Boulder, Colorado, and begin their studies.
Master Herbalist Diploma Course or Online Course(s) Enrollment Instructions
- Complete the application form emailed to you.
- Scan a copy of a photo ID and attach to your application, OR mail the application along with a photograph, OR visit the school in person to enroll
- Email a personal photograph of yourself.
- Write about why you wish to study Herbal Medicine, your goals, and include with your application.
Payment choices: PayPal invoice, credit card, cash, check, money order, bank wire.
We look forward to welcoming you to Herbal Medicine studies!