ONLINE COURSES – HERBAL MEDICINE
The Herbal Medicine Online Course offers a thorough study of Western Herbalism:
Materia Medica, formula creation, sacred geometry of plants, Chemistry, History & Philosophy of Herbal Medicine
The Course incorporates European & Native American traditions & comparison to Ayurvedic & Chinese use of herbs.
The photos above show Online Course students from around the world.
Visit the School Blog to read their news and hear of graduate successes.
. . . including the complete system of Herbs of Grace formulas created by Farida Sharan
What is Herbal Medicine?
Herbal Medicine is the study of the medicinal qualities of plants & their practical applications to heal the symptoms & cause of disease.
Knowledge of herbs for medicine predates the knowledge we currently have of the evolution of humankind.
The earliest discoveries of mankind include a close connection to medicinal herbs.
Ayurveda, the oldest complete system of herbal medicine, is more than 5000 years old.
Currently the majority of medicines offered by mainstream medical doctors are based on the medicinal properties of plants.
These medicines include anti-inflammatories, fever reducers, & pain killers.
Penicillin, for healing bacterial infections, was discovered by herbalists long before Alexander Fleming took credit.
Chemical synthesizing of ‘recognized’ active ingredients of plants carries a price on our health and the health of the planet.
Plants are far too varied & complex chemically for scientists to understand their holistic actions of the bod.
Increasing numbers of people choose proven significantly safer plant medicines for superior nutrients that support natural healing.
Description of Course
The Herbal Medicine Online Course contains 12 lessons. Students progress at their own pace. In depth studies are mentored and supported by email and/or Skype as questions arise.
Herbal Medicine Online Course Topics
Herbal Medicine Online Course Lessons include:
- History & Philosophy of Herbal Medicine
- Use of herbs in ancient & traditional societies
- Chemistry of Herbal Medicine
- Climate, soil, active principles
- Collecting, harvesting, storage
- Food as Medicine
- Food as Poison
- Food addictions
- Affects of diet, coffee, alcohol, drugs, etc on healing process
- Creating herbal formulas
- Prescription symbols
- Herbal Pharmacy terminology
- Materia Medica – action, active ingredients, activity, applications, aromatherapy, astrology, Ayurveda, cautions, contraindications, chakras, elements, emotions, Chinese medicine, combinations, cultivation, dosage, energetics, flower essences, formulas, habitat, history, homeopathy, meridians, organs, names, nutrients, part used, personality, plant description, research, spiritual properties, substitutions, systems, taste, tissues, wildcrafting, preparation.
- Body Systems.
- Anatomy & Physiology are taught by Body System
- Holistic perceptions
- Vitamins & Minerals for body organs, systems & glands
- Naming & identifying plants
- Collecting & preparing herbarium specimens
- Plant Classifications
- Pharmacy & Dispensary
- How to set up n Herbal Pharmacy
- Methods of Herbal Applications & Treatments
- First Aid Herbal Treatment
- Acute Conditions
- Chronic Conditions
- Pill making, capsuling
- Smoking herbs
- Syrups & Tinctures
- Iatrogenic drug induced disease
- Herbs & Healing
Herbal Medicine Online Course also includes:
- Herbs of Grace – Farida Sharan
- Creative Menopause – Farida Sharan
- The Old Man and His Soul – Farida Sharan
- 5 DVD’s – Elements of Life
Course Fees and Options
Course fees can be paid in full or can be paid in monthly payments .
The Herbal Medicine Online Course is a required module for the Master Herbalist Diploma (USA), the Naturopathy Diploma (USA), the Natural Physician Certification (UK) & the Natural Physician Diploma (UK).
Enrollment Fees are discounted when included in the combined courses choice for Naturopathy or Natural Physician Certification Online Courses .
How Do I Enroll?
1. Browse the website, the School News Blog, the School Calendar & any courses or classes you are interested in.
2. Complete the Contact US form and tell us about your good self.
3. If you are interested to take the next step, call any weekday morning to talk in person & ask any questions!
4. If you are ready to enroll complete the application form for Payment in Full or Time Payments.
5. Scan or copy a copy of a photo ID & email or attach to your application.
6. Scan a personal photo & attach in an email with your application, or mail one with your application.
7. Write about what has drawn you to study this course, your goals, experience, training, &include with your application.
8. Once the application is received & payment made, we forward your study materials.
9. Some students begin with classes, some with online, and some with both together. In this school, students make the choices that are best for them.