ONLINE COURSES – NATUROPATHY
Naturopathy Online Course includes four Online Courses: Healing Diets, Naturopathy, Herbal Medicine and Iridology at an attractive discount. Naturopathy recognizes cause and cure of disease within the whole person: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. It works with natural laws of living and the principles of purification, rejuvenation and transformation processes to create effective programs that utilize diet, lifestyle, emotional healing, supportive Naturopathic therapies for acute and chronic conditions, Self-Healing processes, exercise, breathing, loving thoughts, awareness of relationships, and respect for the environment.
The photos above show some of the Online Course students from around the world. Visit the School Blog to read their news and hear of graduate successes.
. . . become independently healthy by honoring personal responsibility and respectful natural living
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a clearly defined profession with guiding principles that can be traced to the teachings of Stoicism in ancient Greece and which was incorporated into a complete system of Natural Medicine by the Greek, Hippocrates, the ‘Father of Modern Medicine’. The first principle of Naturopathy, ‘Do No Harm,’ is stated in the Hippocratic oath.
Naturopathy is classified as a traditional medicine and has evolved, since ancient times, as a deeply rooted part of European Natural Medicinal systems and, from Europe, Naturopathy expanded into the America and the Commonwealth with the founding fathers of the United States and extended to all parts of the world settled or governed by those of European descent. Naturopathy is a discipline of accumulated knowledge of effective natural therapies, diet and lifestyle in practice, and does not have a single originator. It is our heritage.
The World Health Organization (WHO) maintains a clear definition of Naturopathy along with a stated goal of its preservation through quality training, that was reached through an exhaustive international study into the origins and practice of Naturopathy, both historically and in the present day.
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy, or Naturopathic medicine, is a traditional medicine based on the following principles:
- “First, do no harm”
- Prevention is better than cure
- Treat the whole person (body, mind, emotions, spirit)
- Cooperate with the healing powers of nature; activate the body’s innate healing forces
- Identify, and focus treatment on the cause, rather than the symptoms, of disease
- Do not use treatments that suppress symptoms
- Use only treatments that are found in the natural world and to which the human body has adapted through millennium.
- Doctor as Teacher – Educate the patient so that they are empowered to participate in prevention of future health problems through healthy diet and lifestyle choices.
Naturopaths use the following core modalities:
- Diet and Nutrition
- Heat, cold, water, earth, air, sunshine, exercise, electricity, sleep, rest, meditation, inspiration
- Counseling and Education
- Stress management
- Botanical (herbal) Medicine
- Essential Oils
- Homeopathy, Tissue Salts
- Flower Essences
Naturopaths use the following modalities if trained and qualified in their practice:
- Live blood analysis
- Colon hydrotherapy
- Cranial Sacral Therapy
- Polarity Therapy
- Light or Color Therapy
- Naturopathic osseous manipulation
- Physical therapy
Naturopaths are also Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Nurses, Midwives or Medical Doctors. Their training and methods of practice are beyond the scope of this definition.
Naturopaths exclude the following modalities from their practice:
- Use of synthetic or inorganic vitamins or minerals, narcotics, serums, vaccines, anti-toxins, toxoid, injections or inoculations
- Pharmaceutical drugs
- Treatments that harm the ‘life force,’ or capacity to heal, of the human body
- Surgery and abortion
- Naturopaths are traditionally referred to as ‘drugless doctors.’
Naturopaths are trained to refer patients when:
- Student or client illness or injury is beyond the scope of Naturopathic modalities
- Practitioner is aware the patient’s needs are best met by the skills of another therapist, practitioner or physician
- If, after a reasonable period of treatment, the cleint or student symptoms have not improved, or if symptoms have worsened
Online Naturopathy Course Contents
Visit each online course page for course descriptions.
The Naturopathy study materials explore the following areas of study in 12 lessons:
- History and Philosophy of Naturopathy
- What is health? What is cure?
- Laws of Living
- Laws of Cure
- Health/Disease Continuum
- Acute Disease and Treatment
- Suppression vs. Elimination
- The affects of Inflammation
- Holistic Anatomy and Physiology
- 9 Body Systems
- Lymphatic system
- Circulatory system
- Reproductive system
- Endocrine system
- Respiratory system
- Digestive system
- Urinary system
- Muscular/skeletal system
- Nervous system
- Chronic Disease and Treatment
- Relieving stress of Chronic Conditions
- Reversing disease process
- Earth Elemental Energetics
- Water Elemental Energetics
- Fire Elemental Energetics
- Air Elemental Energetics
- Ether Elemental Energetics
- Polarity therapy
- Earth therapies
- Water therapies
- Bowel Cleansing
- Constitutional diagnosis and treatment
- Effects of system weakness
- Vibrational healing
- Emotional healing
- Sexuality and Reproduction
- Life Habits
- A Healing Home
- Personal Hygiene
- Inner and Outer Ecology
- Healing Processes
- Healing Crisis/Achievement
- Psychology of Illness/Wellness
- Cleansing and Purification
- Case taking
- Consultation skills
- Methods of analysis
- Healing Centers/Sanitariums
- Complete system of Nature Cure
- Individual Treatments
Naturopathy Course includes:
‘Herbs of Grace – Becoming Independently Healthy’ – Farida Sharan
‘Creative Menopause – Illuminating women’s Health & Spirituality’ – Farida Sharan
‘Iridology – A Complete Guide’ – Farida Sharan
‘Dictionary of Iridology’ – Farida Sharan and Ghatfan Safi
‘Iridology Coloring Book’ – Farida Sharan and Ghatfan Safi
‘The Old Man and His Soul’ – Farida Sharan
2 Iridology DVDs – ‘Introduction’ and ‘Constitutions’ with Farida Sharan
5 Naturopathy DVDs –’Elements of Life – Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ether’ with Farida Sharan
5 Master Touch Reflexology DVDs with Farida Sharan
2 Mystic Yoga DVDs with Farida Sharan
CD of Iris Photos, Slides
Mentoring & Online Support: by telephone, in person, email and/or Skype appointments
Course Fees and Options
The Naturopathy Online Course is a required module for the Naturopathy Diploma (USA), Naturopathy Certification (UK) and Natural Physician Diploma (UK).
How Do I Enroll?
1. Contact Us for further information and to receive an application form.
2. Complete the application form for Payment in Full or Time Payments.
3. Scan a copy of a photo ID and attach to your application.
4. Submit a photograph of yourself. A personal photo is ideal.
5. Write a paragraph or two about what has drawn you to study this course or courses, and your goals, and include with your application.
To enroll in Online Courses, contact Bonny Casel directly at PureHealth School of Natural Medicine Online.
Once your application is accepted, and payment arrangements are completed, your Study Materials are sent to you.